Monday, July 21, 2008

So much for the pedicure...


Well, so much for getting a pedicure before heading to the beach! We had a blast spending a week at Ormond Beach in Florida. It was such a quiet, family-type beach (just perfect for sharing with your teenage sons!) Actually, the boys only got to spend 2 days with us since both are working their daytime jobs and teaching Bible School in the evenings. We did enjoy a full week with Miss Marli though, and may I say without being too much of a boastful aunt, that she has to be the best baby ever created! She literally doesn't cry...not when she's hungry or wet or...okay I'm going a little too far here, but she really is a wonderful baby. Delecta is very, very blessed with such an easygoing first child. Of course you know what will happen when she decides to bless us all with her baby #2! It must be a holy terror to make up for the ease of raising Marli!
While I was away, I placed the etsy shop on vacation. I believed this would be the death of me as I had really just begun to have some fairly regular sales, but lo and behold I made a few more sales and even more contacts while I was away! I'm so thrilled to get to create even more now that I'm home.
Other great news after arriving home: HeatherBailey has her new website up and running. It is simply stunning to see her creations! I cannot wait to get my hands on this fabric. I have a feeling Miss Marli can expect some really bright Summer into Fall clothes. I've also ordered the bag pattern just for me (although if I honestly believe Delecta won't beg for one of those for herself, I'm just delusional!) Oh well, it's arrival is still a few weeks away, so we have time to decide if she gets one or not.
For now, I'll leave you with a picture of complete contentment!

3 comments:

  1. I love those toes!!! When we got home, Marli told me that she was so scared of Aunt Sherri's games and that her mommy played much better games with her. Hey, I'm just repeating what she said!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew she was an amazing baby...already talking and everything! Unfortunately her mother doesn't understand her speech impediment yet...she said" Mommy your games are so stupid. Aunt Sherri needs to teach her games to you!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. sherri,
    just found your blog off delectas!
    fun! you write so well...i look forward to keeping up with you guys on here.
    the stuff you create is absolutely adorable.
    too bad we are only boy-producers over here :)
    oh, well. you know the feeling.
    i'm glad you have a blog!
    tara

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment