Sunday, May 25, 2008

It's been a while, but...


Marli Claire is here! My new niece was born quite unexpectedly this past Monday. My sister and her husband travelled the 5 1/2 hours to Georgia last Thursday to attend her final baby shower. She fell on Friday and had to be admitted to our local hospital. It's not her posh birthing center she was planning to birth in to say the least! After several days of monitoring and some complications, Miss Marli was delivered by C-Section early Monday morning. The staff and doctors were so incredibly attentive, and we owe them a huge debt of gratitude!


Marli is a beautiful baby. I don't say that because I'm biased...really! She is such a tiny little bundle, and we weren't expecting that. Therefore, none of her little clothes I've made for her fit her just yet. Even the newborn clothes from stores swallow her whole. We're now down to buying preemie things. After delivering almost 10 lb babies many years ago, this one is intimidating in her smallness. I must admit that I tend to hog her a little bit. I do love to hold her, and I know she has to go back home eventually!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment